[ Text of section added by 2012, 108, Sec. 6 effective May 31, 2012.]
Section 2. (a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b), this compact shall apply to the children of:
(1) active duty members of the uniformed services;
(2) members or veterans of the uniformed services who are severely injured and medically discharged or retired for a period of 1 year after medical discharge or retirement; and
(3) members of the uniformed services who die on active duty or as a result of injuries sustained on active duty for a period of 1 year after death.
(b) This interstate compact shall only apply to local education agencies.
(c) This compact shall not apply to the children of:
(1) inactive members of the national guard and military reserves;
(2) members of the uniformed services now retired, except as provided in subsection (a);
(3) veterans of the uniformed services, except as provided in subsection (a); and
(4) other United States Department of Defense personnel and other federal agency civilian and contract employees not defined as active duty members of the uniformed services.