[Text of section added by 2008, 521, Sec. 9 effective January 2, 2012. See 2008, 521, Sec. 44 as amended by 2010, 409, Sec. 23.]
Section 1-102. [Purposes; Rule of Construction.]
(a) This chapter shall be liberally construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
(b) The underlying purposes and policies of this chapter are:
(1) to simplify and clarify the law concerning the affairs of decedents and missing persons;
(2) to discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in distribution of the decedent’s property;
(3) to promote a speedy and efficient system for liquidating the estate of the decedent and making distribution to the decedent’s successors;
(4) to facilitate use and enforcement of certain trusts; and
(5) to make uniform the law among the various jurisdictions.